Each cabin has a wardrobe, a built-in mini safe, individually controlled cooling systems and soft lightning. All cabins have their own private bathroom with (warm & cold water) shower and toilet. Unlike typical ship accommodation, your cabin provides ample space to store your stuff and still move about with ease.
Katharina is a mix of traditional and modern design. Her hull and rigging are traditional, while the deck house and interior were custom designed to adapt to Western tastes of space, privacy and comfort. While Indonesian traditional sailing vessels are customarily referred to as Bugi Schooners, strictly speaking Katharina is rigged as a Ketch, the foremast being higher than the aft mast.
We know from experience that during a cruise in the tropics some of our guests discover the pleasure of sleeping under the stars and there is plenty of room to sleep on the upper deck. Mattresses as well as light blankets are available for that purpose.
Safety and Seaworthiness
The vessel is fitted with all internationally required safety and communication equipment such as SSB and VHF radios, life jackets, life rafts, and satellite telephone. Experienced navigators consider it an axiom that the seaworthiness of a vessel depends on the seaworthiness of the crew. Our ship has a well trained and well seasoned Indonesian crew of sixteen, We are proud of the fact that several of the crewmembers who joined us when the vessel was launched are still on board today.
- Spacious twin shared cabins with twin bunk beds or double bed
- Each cabin has a private bathroom with toilet and hot shower
- Washbasin and soap toiletries in your cabin
- Cabins have individually controlled air conditioning
- Towels and beach towels that are regularly changed
- each cabin has an individual minisafe for valuables and travel documents
- Free tea, coffee and mineral water
- Excellent food and snacks (vegetarian food on request)
- Excellent wine selection, cold beer and other alcoholic drinks for sale
- Chilled towels and a welcome drink upon arrival
- Outdoor sleeping facilities
- Unlimited use of our snorkeling equipment and 2 sea canoes
- Television, DVD and music centre in lounge