BE PREPARED TO BE FLEXIBLE
Our mission is to provide the best experience possible for our guests given the current conditions and when unexpected opportunities for adventure may present themselves along our cruise routes. Sometimes weather conditions, tides or other local factors dictate that we need to vary from the published route, and at times there are special opportunities to explore and discover new locations, events and activities. These explorations will always be a definite enhancement to the published itinerary and will be undertaken after discussion and agreement among guests. Ultimately, the boat captains and your tour leader will make decisions to maximize trip safety and your overall enjoyment, so please come prepared to be flexible!
Because of the flight schedules to Alor from Bali, guests must fly to Alor the day before the journey and stay in a local resort for one night. This overnight stay is included in the ticket price and will be booked by SeaTrek on your behalf.
D a y 1
- You will be collected from your hotel in the morning and taken to the boat.
- After lunch, we will visit Takpala village for a fascinating cultural performance.
- Later this evening we will head west to Pura Island, where we will spend a quiet night at anchor.
D a y 2
-After breakfast we will snorkel at Clown Valley, home to many sea anemones and their resident guardian clown fish.
-In the early afternoon we will have a second snorkel at Buaya Island, a location with a beautiful drop off and lots of fish.
We will then head to a local quiet bay to spend the night at anchor.
D a y 3
- After breakfast we will visit the ancient Muslim village of Uma Pura, where we will stroll around, meet the people and see their way of life. The village is well known for using sea sponges for the dyeing of their textile, and we will get a chance to see the process in action.
- After this, we will head to a local reef and go snorkeling.
- After dinner, we will depart to the uninhabited active volcanic island of Komba.
D a y 4
- After breakfast, we will explore the (hopefully) belching Komba volcano with our dinghies, and go for a snorkel on the surrounding reefs. Late morning we will head south and cruise towards the mainland and the beautiful Lewaling Bay.
- Later this afternoon we will go ashore and drive to a local village to see some prehistoric rock art. Later that afternoon we will snorkel and see the sunset over Ile Apé, another active volcano.
- After dinner, the boat will head east in the direction of Adonara.
D a y 5
- In the morning we will explore the beautiful underwater reefs on the northeast of Adonara island.
- We will head to Solor Island as we have lunch, enjoying the beautiful views of the volcanos and islands of this stunning inland passage.
- We will visit the ruins of a 16th-century Portuguese fort on Solor, and later that afternoon we will head off on an overnight cruise to Maumere.
D a y 6
- We wake up at anchor in Maumere Bay against the backdrop of an extinct volcano and enjoy a leisurely breakfast before the day’s activities begin.
- We will take a short drive to the scenic Iwang Gete highlands to visit a small village of Watublapi, where we will be met with singing and dancing by the local people. Famed for their unique textiles, we will be shown firsthand their ancient techniques of spinning, dyeing, and weaving their famous fabrics.
- Here we will have the chance to view (and purchase) some of the local textiles, try their betel nut, and brave their locally produced liquor.
- In the late afternoon we will head off to Riung conservation area.
D a y 7
- Today we explore the beaches and the underwater world of the 17-island, Riung Conservation Area, home to myriad species of land animals and rich coral reefs, as the boat moves from island to island throughout the day.
- Enjoy swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkelling and relaxation throughout the day.
- At around sunset, we will head east in the direction of the Komodo National Park.
D a y 8
- Today we are already in the Komodo National Park, and after breakfast we will have a fabulous snorkeling at the area of Hatamin Island, home to many baby sharks and beautifully restored coral gardens.
- After snorkeling we depart to Rinca island, where we will have an afternoon walk through the local village with a visit to a local bat cave.
- At dusk we will gather on the back deck at cocktail hour to see the sunset and witness the evening departure of tens of thousands of fruit bats as they leave their forest homes to forage on the mainland.
D a y 9
- We will go ashore onto Komodo island for an early morning, ranger-led walk through the dry, rugged landscape of the island encountering wildlife along the way.
- After lunch we will go in search of manta rays to snorkel with these mighty creatures.
- We will have our day’s second snorkel in the north of the park, with the chance to watch the sunset from a hilltop vantage point, before spending a quiet night at anchor.
D a y 1 0
- After breakfast, we will go ashore to see the ‘caci’ dance, a traditional cultural performance of the Manggarai people.
- Later in the morning it will be time to say goodbye to the crew and your fellow shipmates and head to the airport for the flights back to Bali.