BE PREPARED TO BE FLEXIBLE
Our mission is to provide the best experience possible for our guests given the current conditions and when unexpected opportunities for adventure may present themselves along our cruise routes. Sometimes weather conditions, tides or other local factors dictate that we need to vary from the published route, and at times there are special opportunities to explore and discover new locations, events and activities. These explorations will always be a definite enhancement to the published itinerary and will be undertaken after discussion and agreement among guests. Ultimately, the boat captains and your tour leader will make decisions to maximize trip safety and your overall enjoyment, so please come prepared to be flexible!
The More You Know The More You See
Our tour leaders are a wealth of information on the regions we visit and will prepare you for each activity with on board talks and presentations to give you a greater understanding of the different experiences you will have each day. They will also act as your cross cultural bridges to all the people we meet along the way, so feel free to ask them to translate when talking to local Indonesian people on your travels.
D a y 1
- In the early morning, we will arrive at the airport, where we will be picked up by the tour leaders and taken straight to the Ombak Putih. We will head out into Komodo National Park to Makassar reefs to snorkel with mantas. We will also stop at Pink Beach for snorkelling.
- Cruise to Rinca Island and spend the night at anchor in the bay.
D a y 2
- We wake up early and go ashore on Rinca Island for a trek and have an encounter with Komodo Dragons under the guidance of experienced rangers.
- After lunch, we will snorkel at Siaba Reef’s corals, home to many sea turtles.
- Late afternoon around 4pm we will set sail for Riung Islands, enjoying sunset cocktails. Overnight, we cruise along the northern coast of Flores.
D a y 3
- Today we will wake up near Riung Island. It will be a full day of island exploration, hiking, snorkelling, paddling and kayaking.
- In the evening we will be anchored off-shore to witness thousands of fruit bats come out from their roosting trees to head to the mainland to forage.
- We will cruise overnight to our next destination.
D a y 4
- Today we will wake up off Paluweh Island, an active volcano that rises 3000m from the sea floor.
- We will spend the day exploring the island and the surrounding reefs with hikes, swimming, snorkelling, paddle boarding and pay a visit to the local Christian village.
D a y 5
- We will wake up off the coast of the Capo de Flores, ‘the Cape of Flowers’, as named by the Portuguese for the island’s beauty.
- We will spend the day snorkelling, paddling and exploring in this beautiful part of Indonesia, including a visit to a local village. before heading further east at sunset.
D a y 6
- We will wake up on Lembata Island on the far east side of Flores. Our morning view includes the massive live volcano called Ile Api (Island of Fire). We will be welcomed ashore in a local village where we can witness to the production of their famous local textiles.
- After lunch on the boat, we will sail across the bay to snorkel on a vibrant local reef . It is also possible to swim and paddle on a local beach.
- This evening, the crew will set up for a beach BBQ and party under the stars.
D a y 7
- At about 6am, we head for Solor, taking our time to cruise throughout the day, stopping off along the route for snorkelling and exploring.
- On Solor, we will visit a local village and an old Portuguese fort, built in the 16th Century to protect their hold on the Spice Trade.
-We continue cruising during the night.
D a y 8
- We will wake up once again under the gaze of another imposing volcano, this time the mighty Ile Mandiri off Larantuka. After breakfast, we will go ashore and be welcomed into the local village by the residents with songs and dancing.
- After lunch on board, we will move north along the Capo des Flores to a great snorkelling site and beach, where we will snorkel, swim and paddle.
- We will then cruise off into the night at about 8pm, for our overnight passage heading back west to Maumere.
D a y 9
- Arriving just before dawn, we will be anchored off a small cluster of islands surrounded by white sand beaches and beautiful coral reefs.
- We will spend the day snorkelling, hiking and exploring this beautiful area, before having a final night’s party on the beach with the crew.
- We will spend a quiet night at anchor.
D a y 1 0
- We set sail at 7am and cruise into Maumere. From here, we make a final visit to Watublapi village for a cultural performance.
- Back to boat for lunch and then to airport for our afternoon flight to Bali at 3.45pm.