D a y 1
- You will be welcomed at the port by your tour leader and taken straight out to Katharina waiting at anchor just off-shore.
- After settling into your cabins and enjoying lunch on board, we will raise anchor and head out in the direction of Nusa Penida island, where we will stop for our first snorkel of the voyage.
- Later in the day we will head north for a long relaxing cruise to our next destination as the sun sets behind Bali’s mother mountain, the awe inspiring Mt Agung volcano.
D a y 2
- This morning we will wake under the gaze of Lombok’s Mt Rinjani, where we will have breakfast at anchor.
- The first snorkel of the day awaits in the channel between two small islands, where the current creates a beautiful environment for corals and fish.
- Over lunch we will cruise to a nearby small uninhabited island where we will snorkel, swim, paddle, and kayak.
- At sunset during cocktail hour, we will head southwest for an overnight cruise into the realm of the whale sharks.
D a y 3
- We will wake very early, grab our masks and snorkels and head off into the bay looking for whale sharks. Local fishermen catch small baitfish which they keep in large nets on their fishing platforms, or ‘bagans’, and it is here that the whale sharks like to congregate.
- Later that morning, we will weigh anchor and cruise north through the islands on our way to witness the sunset emigration of tens of thousands of giant fruit bats that leave their forest homes at sunset to head off to forage on fruits, filling the sky above the boat with their large flying bodies.
- Raising anchor, we will have dinner as we get underway back to Saleh Bay for second whale shark encounter.
D a y 4
- You can never have too much of a good thing, especially with whale sharks, so once again, we will rise early and head back to the ‘bagans’ to snorkel with these massive and graceful creatures.
- After breakfast we will explore the bay and spend time and enjoy a variety of snorkelling on both open coral reefs and in a mangrove forest, a very unique habitat that act as nursery grounds for small fish. We will also explore the forest by kayak and paddle board.
D a y 5
- Under the gaze of Mt Rinjani once more, we will do two snorkels. Once through the coral gardens and then again after lunch through the mangroves. We will also get a chance to explore the islands by tender and gain a further understanding of the mangrove habitat and its importance in the marine ecosystem.
- Later in the day we will set sail in the direction of Bali as the sun sets in front of the boat and we will have a final night of celebration dinner with the captain and our crew as we sing and dance into the night.
D a y 6
- We will wake up at anchor off the coast of Nusa Penida with a chance for a swim or snorkel before a late breakfast on board.
- Mid-morning we will weigh anchor for our final three-hour crossing into Bali harbour in Bali, where we will say a fond farewell to our crew and Katharina and take our onward journeys.