BE PREPARED TO BE FLEXIBLE
Our mission is to provide the best experience possible for our guests given the current conditions and when unexpected opportunities for adventure may present themselves along our cruise routes. Sometimes weather conditions, tides or other local factors dictate that we need to vary from the published route, and at times there are special opportunities to explore and discover new locations, events and activities. These explorations will always be a definite enhancement to the published itinerary and will be undertaken after discussion and agreement among guests. Ultimately, the boat captains and your tour leader will make decisions to maximize trip safety and your overall enjoyment, so please come prepared to be flexible!
D a y 1
- We will take an early morning flight from Bali to Labuanbajo, the gateway to the Komodo National Park
- Back on the boat, we will head out into the National Park to Kalong Island for our first snorkel of the trip.
- At dusk we will gather on the back deck at cocktail hour to see the sunset and witness the evening departure of tens of thousands of fruit bats as they leave their forest homes to forage on the mainland.
D a y 2
- We enjoy an early breakfast and go ashore to Rinca Island, where we will have a walk through the local village with a visit to a local bat cave.
- We will then cruise to the richly diverse reefs of Siaba Besar Island, where we will snorkel with thousands of fish and the many sea turtles that congregate in the area.
- After lunch, spend a leisurely afternoon at a beach swimming, snorkelling, paddle boarding and kayaking.
-Later that evening we will move to the main bay of Komodo Island and spend the night at anchor.
D a y 3
- We will go ashore onto Komodo island for an early morning, ranger-led walk through the dry, rugged landscape of the island encountering wildlife along the way.
- After lunch we will go in search of manta rays to snorkel with these mighty creatures.
- We will have our day’s second snorkel in the north of the park, with the chance to watch the sunset from a hilltop vantage point, before heading off on our long overnight cruise to the east to the Riung Conservation Area.
D a y 4
- Today we explore the beaches and the underwater world of the 17-Island, Riung Conservation Area, home to myriad species of land animals and rich coral reefs, as the Ombak Putih moves from island to island throughout the day.
- Enjoy swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkelling and relaxation.
- At around sunset we will head east in the direction of Maumere.
D a y 5
- Wake up at anchor in Maumere Bay against the backdrop of an extinct volcano and enjoy a leisurely breakfast before the day’s activities begin.
- Take a short drive to the scenic Iwang Gete highlands to visit a small village of Watublapi, where we will be met with singing and dancing by the local people. Famed for their unique textiles, we will be shown first hand their ancient techniques of spinning, dyeing and weaving of their famous fabrics.
- Here we will have the chance to view (and purchase) some of the local textiles, try their betel nut and brave their locally produced liquor.
-In the late afternoon we will head off for an overnight cruise to Solor Island.
D a y 6
- In the morning, we will visit the ruins of a 16th century Portuguese fort on Solor, a reminder of the ancient spice trade.
- During lunch, we will cruise through the beautiful passage between the islands and volcanoes as we had north east of Adonara where we will go snorkelling.
- Later that afternoon we head north in the direction of the uninhabited, active volcanic island of Komba.
D a y 7
- After breakfast we will explore the (hopefully) belching Komba volcano with our dinghies, and go for a snorkel on the surrounding reefs. Late morning we will head south and cruise towards the mainland and the beautiful Lewaling Bay.
- Later this afternoon we will go ashore and drive to a local village to see some prehistoric rock art. Later that afternoon we will snorkel and see the sunset over Ile Apé, another active volcano.
- After dinner, the boat will head east in the direction of Pura island
D a y 8
-After breakfast we will snorkel Buaya island, a location with a beautiful drop off and lots of fish.
-In the early afternoon we will visit the ancient Muslim village of Uma Pura, where we will stroll around, meet the people and see their way of life. The village is well known for using sea sponges for the dying of their textile, and we will get a chance to see the process in action.
-After Umapura village we will head to a local reef and go snorkeling.
-We will then head the capital of Alor, Kalabahi.
D a y 9
- After breakfast we will visit the traditional village of Takpala, where we will be greeted by traditional dancing . We will also visit the local market to see the activity there. If you are lucky you can see people buying Moko, the traditional bronze drums of Alor.
- Later this afternoon we will go with a local boat to see the dugong, followed by a relaxing afternoon on the beach before heading to the boat for our farewell dinner.
D a y 1 0
- We wake up in a beautiful bay on the island of Alor where we will have breakfast before saying goodbye to all crew and heading to the airport for our morning flight back to Bali.