BE PREPARED TO BE FLEXIBLE
Our mission is to provide the best experience possible for our guests given the current conditions and when unexpected opportunities for adventure may present themselves along our cruise routes. Sometimes weather conditions, tides or other local factors dictate that we need to vary from the published route, and at times there are special opportunities to explore and discover new locations, events and activities. These explorations will always be a definite enhancement to the published itinerary and will be undertaken after discussion and agreement among guests. Ultimately, the boat captains and your tour leader will make decisions to maximize trip safety and your overall enjoyment, so please come prepared to be flexible!
The More You Know The More You See
Our tour leaders are a wealth of information on the regions we visit and will prepare you for each activity with on board talks and presentations to give you a greater understanding of the different experiences you will have each day. They will also act as your cross cultural bridges to all the people we meet along the way, so feel free to ask them to translate when talking to local Indonesian people on your travels.
D a y 1
- You will be met at the airport or your hotel by your SeaTrek tour leaders and taken directly to the boat. Once settled into your cabin, we will weigh anchor and head out on our adventure.
- We will have lunch as we are under way and stop for your first snorkel and swim amongst the coral gardens in the afternoon.
- After sunset drinks we will sit down together for dinner and then meet the crew. It’s an early start the next day, so an early night is recommended.
D a y 2
- Before dawn we will be ferried to a local village, where local guides will take us on a trek through the jungle in the hope of finding the beautiful Wilson’s Bird of Paradise perform is mating dance ritual upon the forest floor. On our way back to the boat we will be accompanied by the sounds of the jungle coming to life and we will be sure to spot a number of bird species along the way.
- After a well-earned late breakfast, we will spend the remainder of the day enjoying snorkelling, swimming and exploring the reefs and islands of the local area by kayak and paddle board.
D a y 3
- Today is our second and final early morning wake up as we head off to see the Red Bird of Paradise, this time high in the canopy of the rainforest. Extremely extroverted show offs, these birds dance and squawk their way around the trees trying to impress the female of the species, making for an incredible show.
- After returning to the ship and breakfast it will be time for some snorkeling on some of Raja Ampat’s most spectacular reefs in the Dampier Strait. If the tides are in our favour we might get to see some of the area’s larger species of marine life, which are attracted by the currents in these nutrient rich waters.
- We will end the day at a local inhabited island, where the village kids will show us around their beautiful village and then perform some local folk dances for us.
- We will weigh anchor before dinner, enjoying sunset cocktails on the back deck as we cruise south.
D a y 4
- Today we wake up in southern Raja Ampat at the island of Misool, a picturesque archipelago of forest-covered limestone islets just teeming with coral reefs that has adventures aplenty on offer.
- We will swim through a massive and ancient sea cave, adorned with giant stalagmites and stalactites. We will then journey to a small, secret lake inhabited by thousands of stingless jellyfish, where we will snorkel among them.
- After lunch we will explore the area by ship’s tenders, going in and out of the many bays and inlets looking for birds, and also stopping to see some prehistoric cave paintings said to be between 3,000 and 5,000 years old.
D a y 5
- Today we will have a relaxing day of snorkelling on the reefs, exploring the inlets and local areas by paddle board and kayak, or swimming and sunbathing from the white sand beaches of this beautiful piece of paradise.
- After a full day of fun and relaxation we will head east for our overnight cruise to our next destination.
D a y 6
- We will wake up off a small group of picture-perfect islands, where we will spend the morning exploring the beaches and crystal clear waters and vibrant reefs with our snorkels.
- We will then cruise in the direction of the mainland of Papua, where we will visit a local village and meeting the residents, who will welcome us into their village, sharing with us their way of life which consists or fishing and growing nutmeg.
- Back on the boat we will continue southeast overnight, enjoying dinner and sunset drinks along the way.
D a y 7
- We wake up off the coast of Papua to a most serene and primal scene of a jungle waterfall where a roaring river surrounded by virgin rainforest pours into the sea.
- Here we will swim and play in the waterfall and the sea as we take in this most tranquil tropical scenery.We will also have the chance to snorkel through the corals on a nearby reef.
- Later in the day we will continue our journey east, stopping off late afternoon for another swim and snorkel on our way to see the whale sharks of Triton Bay.
D a y 8
- Triton Bay is a place of unsurpassed natural splendour, where time and tides have sliced the limestone landscape into tall cliffs and numerous islands separated by lagoons and narrow channels. It is also home to fishermen who collect baitfish and keep them in nets attached to specially built platforms, also known as ‘bagans’. It is these and their fish that attract whale sharks.
- We will head out in the tenders to see if the sharks are around, and if we are lucky, we will spend a couple of hours in the water with these magnificent creatures.
- After lunch we will explore the bays and limestone outcrops aby tender, kayak, and paddle board as well as swim and snorkel from the beautiful white-sand beaches.
- This evening we will have a beach BBQ with the crew, with singing and dancing late into the night.
D a y 9
- We will spend the morning cruising through the undisturbed coves, caves, and lagoons before heading north through the Namatote Passage, where there is an impressive collection of ancient cave paintings high up on the cliffs.
- The afternoon will be filled with more snorkelling, swimming, kayaking and paddling as we relax amidst the beauty of the surrounding jungle covered islands.
- We will spend our final evening on the ship resting at anchor and enjoying a farewell dinner with our captain and crew.
D a y 1 0
- In the morning, we will find ourselves at anchor in the harbour of Kaimana, and after an early breakfast our tenders will take you ashore for your transfer to the airport for your onward travel.